FYI – Despite being remote, you won’t be expected to travel except for the annual company hoolie/gathering (they are supposed to be fun – we are pushing for our invite😊).
As of late, we are excited to support more and more remote based companies and for the role below, you’d be joining an extremely solid team, we have introduced 5 people to this company, and they are loving it.
From a cultural standpoint, you can be the best engineer in the world but if you have an ego, you won’t get too far in this process – nice people only.
So…this company provides data scraping services for developers so they have hundreds of proxies up at all times. You would be involved with supporting customers as they implement these services and assisting them to keep their services running smoothly. It’s a 100% remote role!
For this role, you will be working on an extremely technical distributed team of functional engineers (Erlang) – you’ll be looking after a team of 15. This product is specifically for web crawling and scraping, which removes any headaches of proxy management.
- Lead technical development through their high growth phase.
- Help set their business strategy and goals, identify opportunities, and over time, together with the Product Manager, will have full responsibility for this whole product as a business.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed web crawling at scale.
- Develop, maintain and support a high load distributed system.
- Comfortable taking ownership in business-critical situations; you enjoy being the “go-to” person.
- Lead the team. You’ll have a fair amount of autonomy over this, but it will likely include:
- Developing talent and maintaining a strong team culture.
- Expanding and maintaining technical and quality standards, in conjunction with broader Engineering expectations.
- Translating business intent and requirements into architectural design/decisions to achieve that intent.
- Collaborating with other platform teams to provide their customers with the best possible integration to the growing platform.
- Erlang (or other functional programming language), Python, and Go.
- Linux/UNIX, HTTP and Networking.
- Experience managing and growing a technical team: developing talent, creating and enforcing standards, resource allocation.
If this sounds like you, connect with me/call me/mail me/send me a pigeon – firstname.lastname@example.org