How do you keep online gamers happy?
It’s Simple… all you have to do is offer them over 3 million gamers online, give them a choice of more than 100 games and have your query response times <.02 second. Oh, yea I forgot to mention the 132 billion API calls each month.
You will be working with core C++ and python libraries that support online and multiplayer game features.
Essentially, you have a chance to work with one of the biggest entertainment/gaming franchises in the world.
Experience with dealing with large scale systems and multiple servers is a big help. With such a large online user base this is important.
The day to day work will be using a split code base of C++ and Python but if you are stronger in one area and willing to learn, this is all an option.
Keys for this role:
- 5 years C++, Python experience
- Strong database experience.(MySQL, Cassandra)
- A strong background with Linux environments
- Large-scale distributed system experience.
Day to Day
- Design and implement backend services and game interactions.
- Design and implement features into current and new game titles
- Take ownership and give direction with other senior engineers on your team and throughout the company
- The key is to keep all the games online 🙂
There is no rush back to the office with this crowd.
If folk are hired in Ireland they can WFH 100%. If you want to go to the office then that isnt a problem as some people will be returning March/Apr next year.
You can apply here or send me an message to email@example.com
I am happy to catch up in more detail or send you a spec. Let me know what works best for you.